Early Years Practitioner
CC3.9 Childcare Leader
Dorset Grade 7 (SCP 19-23)
(This Job Description could change as the provision grows.)
An exciting opportunity to join us and help us further develop a first class Early Years Provision.
To lead and manage the provision of a small sized day care facility - as part of the school - within the Children's Centre.
To take responsibility for the day to day running of the facilities, including the management of staff and resources.
The post holder will have previous experience in a childcare setting and hold a minimum NVQ 3 in early years education and childcare, willing to engage in further training.
Part Time - Five Mornings, Two Afternoons and an additional Afternoon for planning, 32 hours per week (25 hours permanent and 7 on a temporary contract).
Our priority is to support our children and families to ensure that each child has the best start in learning!
We can offer:
- Facilities including, a variety of outdoor space including a forest school area, library facilities, hall facilities.
- Good resources and multi-agency working in a Children's Centre Environment
- Supportive parents, governors and whole school community,
- A dedicated and forward thinking team
- A community with many opportunities/ experiences within walking distance - open to the children.
We are looking for someone who:
*Is an outstanding Early Years Practitioner - has a creative approach and is passionate about making a difference to children's life chances
* will work in partnership with the Reception class and school
* will work closely with parents
*is committed to inclusion at all levels
*can enthuse, motivate and empower all children and adults, to support our curriculum and opportunities for children.
Closing date for applications: Monday 16th April 2018
Interviews will be held on: Week beginning 23rd April 2018
Start date: Monday 3rd September 2018
Please only apply through www.dorsetforyou.com
St. Michael's Primary School values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
St Michael's Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.