At St. Michael’s Pre-School we are passionate about each child’s wellbeing and development. We offer a high quality provision which is led by the observation of the children’s play and current interests.
By following the statutory framework of the Early Years Foundation the Pre-School team provides a stimulating and enriching learning environment.
As part of St. Michael’s CE VA Primary School, we have the full range of school resources, ensuring positive links and enhancing the children’s experiences, a wild area, library, hall and playground with new climbing challenges and grass area. The Governing Body all share our enthusiasm in providing the very best child care provision within the area.
We are an Ofsted Registered pre-school and, like our School, offer a robust Safeguarding policy and procedure. We are currently validated to accept children currently from the age of 2 years and 9 months to 4 year olds. Every member of staff and our volunteers have Early Years and Teaching qualifications and are all DBS checked.
- To provide a safe, caring and welcoming learning environment for each child and parent/carer. Ensuring equality of opportunity for everyone
- To offer a well planned and stimulating pre-school setting
- To provide high quality outdoor environment and Forest School style provision
- To welcome members of the community that can bring skills to the pre-school
- To offer the children weekly wellie walks within our busy community
- To continue developing the children’s interests by playing alongside each child, observing their interests and planning future experiences to extend upon this
- To make the most of being part of St. Michael’s Primary CE VA Primary School, in order to use the school facilities and make a smooth transition from pre-school to school
- To continue offering small group sizes so that there is a good staff/child ratio and a strong keyworker system